View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #59
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Don't worry - looks like you got it covered

Hey, I only began my post with snark. At least there was more to it for most of the post .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
I think he can renew faith in our acquisition and distribution of equipment for front-line workers, making sure that the proper orgs are in place and ready to help as needed if we reach the unfortunate case of hospital overflow/overcrowding, just basic logistics

Good post. I'm surprised you didn't mention a national mask mandate. Do you not expect that to be tried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
My areas of interest politically don't really fall here, but I assume there will be some active efforts to try to restore relationships with allies that have been harmed,to re-establish deals that had been set up, to try to work with China to re-establish trade agreements that are closer to neutral and less antagonistic.

I'm actually kind of surprised by this. Ignore this if you wish, but from my perspective you can't address climate change without the global piece - it doesn't matter what the US does all that much if you don't get other countries on board as well. It also seems to me that issues of what you term equality are in a somewhat similar boat; there is much greater suffering around the world than there is in America and therefore drastically ramping up foreign aid for example, global enforcement on human rights, basic infrastructure and medical care in various places around the world, etc. is where the front line is on those issues.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote