View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 03:39 PM   #37
Flasch186
Coordinator

The fall advanced camp / A&B advanced team's tryouts were held last night. Teh coaches use an app now (thank god) to evaluate so the process is definitely more democratized and transparent. Aiden had a great tryout and I've been hearing rumblings today that it's possible that he might be 'called up'. Nothing to say until its official but I'm over the moon. Now... The fall is more like spring training so in the Spring he may be back on B but it is another step in the right direction. The app we use is "team genius" and the families, coaches and the league as a whole love it.

Side bar, the local competitive organization that is our sister league (travel). Is trying to get the parent organization over us all to force us to merge so that they can take our all star teams and best players. This is to make themselves better and also is a money grab because they're dying as a league. Parents aren't thinking the extra price they charge for travel is congruent with the coaching. So dramatic here its nutso. I posted about it a few posts ago but it's come to the boil. They want our allstars. We're a Call Ripken org. so they can't have them because they're not but they don't understand it. They just want them all and the money that comes with the kids.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 08-22-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote