View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #181
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
When I am traveling for work, I have zero interest in any sort of Uber type service. If I want to stop between the airport and my hotel for dinner, I can. If I decide I want to stop between the client site and my hotel I can. If I get done early one day and just want to go sightseeing, I can. If at six in the morning I discover that the hotel’s breakfast buffet sucks and I want to go out to breakfast, I can. In that circumstance, I have no interest in adding the extra layer of effort required to connect with a rideshare. I’ve had exactly one trip – the time I met QuikSand – when three of us went to a client site together and someone else had the rental car. Drove me crazy.

#ControlFreak

Yeah, I'd agree with all of this. Work travel without a rental car is awful and works out way more expensive as well. Assuming I'm not eating at the shitty hotel buffet (if there is one) I'm doing minimum 4 Uber trips per day - that adds up in terms of time and money. Adding to that the airport trips probably being minimum $60-80 each way, and the sanity price that I'm going to get a talker or somebody who drives me nuts while I sit in traffic for 1.5 hours, it's an absolute no brainer.

Of course this is assuming business travel is still going to be a thing after COVID, which ya know...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote