View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 03:58 PM   #1255
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
General Update - Bear

SwimAtlanta is rolling out a plan to get the kids back in the water. Later this week, Bear will start practicing again for the first time in about 7 weeks. This is the longest period of time he's been out of the pool since he was 6 years old. He's worked pretty hard to stay in good condition alternating between running, rowing, and stationary bike, along with some lifting and a bunch of ab work. However, I'm sure it is no where close to enough and he will struggle with the swim workouts when they start up.

As for the plan SwimAtlanta / Coach Landon has in mind...There will only be 2 kids in each lane, and the odd and even lanes will start on opposite ends of the pool. So in theory there will be just 1 swimmer that Bear will be exposed to, that won't be social distanced. Also, the locker rooms will be closed, and the swimmers will be instructed to come into the facility, get in the water, and when practice is over to leave immediately. We'll see how that goes...

Are they going to create more practice windows so they only have 12 or 16 kids. Not sure how many lanes the pool has. My daughter swims and they probably have 20-30 kids in each practice group in a six lane pool. The club has at least 100 active swimmers from 6-18. I'm interested in your experience as our club starts to think about starting practices again.