View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 05:08 AM   #1875
miami_fan
Coordinator

A few people have mentioned that some folks in their neighborhoods not following the social distancing guidelines. Evidently, this has riled up many in the Tampa/St Pete area to the point that law enforcement is getting hundreds of calls. Stay inside, waste of law enforcement time and all that serious stuff is being put to one side here. That is for the other thread.

A few of the strange bits from the articles I have seen.

Quote:
Hillsborough County deputies arrived at the house in the Lake Magdalene area Friday night to find a crowd of 15 gathered around the wrestling ring in the front yard. Some were wearing costumes.

Quote:
They called because a friend “checked in” on Facebook at a nightclub on Gunn Highway and, according to a summary of one call to the Hillsborough sheriff, because of a “neighbor walking around outside not following quarantine while roommate posts nude pics at closed state parks."

Quote:
One St. Pete man posted a night-vision security video on YouTube of what appeared to be three teenage girls playfully cutting through his back yard. He noted they were not social distancing.

And my personal favorite one.

Quote:
In a Facebook group for Gulfport residents, one member Photoshopped a swastika flag onto the cute, pastel bungalow of another resident. They were trying to compare people telling on their neighbors for poor social distancing habits to those who turned their neighbors in to the Gestapo during World War II.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote