View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 05:59 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I think we all need it in this time.

One of my favorite science fiction writers/humorists, Spider Robinson has a series of rollicking tales about a tavern secretly setup by a time traveler (the Callahan's Crosstime Saloon series). And he has two quotes that really sum up to me what we should all be doing in this time of crisis.

“Just as there are laws of Conservation of Matter and Energy, so there are in fact Laws of Conservation of Pain and Joy. Neither can ever be created or destroyed. But one can be converted into the other.”

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased—thus do we refute entropy."

I had a friend of mine reach out to me after my last post in poll 8 thread, and they told me that I shouldn't feel bad about sharing stress or things that are causing me pain.. it's natural, and it helps.

So yes, share your worries, share your pain, and share your happiness, share your joy. Don't feel bad about your fears, about going out, whatever. They are valid.. And sharing them with us is one of the most important things you can do for everyone else here.

Or put another way, United we stand. Divided we fall.