View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #107
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a step back at my history at Poole:

I arrived at Poole, and we were in our 3rd season in the South. We had finished at 5th, then almost relegation, then I took over.

Here were my waves of talent Acquisition:

Wave 1 – GK Stedman, AMR Elliot, DR Kebbie, DC Corbridge

And these joined the current squad, and I started MC Moore, Bedford, AM Brooks, ST Roberts, AM Devlin, DL Spetch, DC Whisken. We did well! But then when we were sliding back and had only won 1 game out of the last six in early January, I picked up:

Wave 2 – AMC Browne, MC Ashby, DC Davey.

I moved Brooks, Whisken, and Bedford to my rotations, and then started them. I didn’t lose a match for six weeks, and then managed to remain in the driver’s spot, despite fading at the end of the season.

And we won! By the end of the season, only Roberts, Moore, Devlin, and Spetch had remained at the ST, MC, AML, and DL respectively.

Wave 3 – We brought in GK Taylor, AMC Logan, DC Shihab, MC Blanchfield, and ST Heardman. We sold Elliott after Dundee wanted to bring him over to the Scottish Premier League.

Right now, I have starting, and I will give you the number of the wave I acquired them (0 if they stated with me)

GK Taylor – 3
DC Davey – 2
DC Shihab – 3
DL Moore – 0
DR Kebbie – 1
MC Ashby – 2
MC Blanchfield – 3
AMR Browne – 2
AMC Logan – 3
AML Devlin – 0
ST Heardman – 3

So, of the four acquisitions I made earlier in this dynasty, only Kebbie remains starting.

I’m a little worried about Taylor

Let me show you why:

Game 1 – 3 goals, in 6 shots on target
Game 2 – 1 goal, in 2 shots on target
Game 3 – 0 goals, in 3 shots on target

Now, the first game may wind up being an outlier, and I want to give him some more starts before hitting the “On Shit” button. Even with a shut out last game helping his numbers, he is giving up 4 goals in 9 shots on target, or roughly 45% of the shots on target are hitting the net. That is not a long term sustainably slate of goal stopping.

I don’t know if you care, but we have the best Goalkeeping and tactical training in our division, and the 3rd best scouting.

Let’s finish up August and see where we stand!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote