View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #127
revrew
Team Chaplain

2028 Draft Coverage:

Oakland did indeed take "the kid from Rutgers." With the Dragons on the clock at #2, however, NFL Commissioner James Gordon had an announcement to make.

Commissioner Gordon: The Des Moines Dragons have traded the second overall pick to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Todd McShay: It's no secret the Dragons have their eye on wide receiver Louis Forbes out of Iowa State. And for once, I don't think that's a bad choice for them, though RB Chris Benson out of Wisconsin should be just too good to pass up. In a draft without strong quarterback prospects, I'm surprised Oakland didn't take Benson. Yet … I'm assuming Des Moines' trade with Philly is only down a few spots, to 1.7. If so, they should still be able to get their man and extra compensation. I don't see another team that has their eyes on Forbes. I think everyone assumed he was going 1.2.

Commissioner Gordon: With the seventh selection of the 2028 draft, the Des Moines Dragons pick wide receiver Louis Forbes, Iowa State University.

Mel Kiper: It looks like the Des Moines Dragons have found the sweet spot on draft day, getting a player they need, from a school they covet, at a spot that makes sense. Forbes is a playmaker, a young receiver with sneaky speed and feet that can't be tracked. He reminds me of a young Antonio Brown. He finds ways to get open and then burns you after the catch. The Dragons absolutely had to come away from this draft with a difference-maker on offense, and for once, an Iowa school had the guy the Dragons needed. What's more, the terms of the trade are rolling in, and Jack Ledger is coming up smelling like roses. We now understand that Philadelphia traded the 1.7, the 2.6, and a second next year for the 1.2.

Todd McShay: With that kind of firepower, the Dragons have what they need to come back into the first, if they want. Do you suppose that's the play?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote