View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 06:08 AM   #5184
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I think my key is to start with a mountainous spot and instead of building, dig your settlements directly into the mountain. Saves a lot of material and you can still setup cooling/heating, etc., and with less risk of fire destroying everything, especially if you carefully lay out the high-risk explosive stuff and separate it with tunnels.

That's what I've ended up doing every game, too. I make a really well defended cave entrance, and then build my civilization under ground. That seems to be the best strategy if you're not a pro at outdoor building.

The only other tip I'd have is to use the manual priority system instead of the default one. Under the "work" tab, make sure it's set so you can change the priority numbers for each worker. The checkmarks aren't enough. Put everyone that is capable of a task at 3 for it, then set each person's specialty to a 2 for them. That usually gives me enough control that I don't need to use the 1 or 4, but they are there for situations that pop up. (ex: I sometimes set doctors to 1 after a battle, so they ignore everything else but healing, until there's no healing left to do)

Also, the latest rimworld update has added some new fun stuff. Building on water, new turrets, more power options...

163 hours in so far, and not slowing down!

Last edited by GoldenCrest Games : 09-11-2018 at 06:09 AM.
GoldenCrest Games is offline   Reply With Quote