View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:23 PM   #5182
Groundhog
Coordinator

I love Rimworld, but my one big problem (which may have been fixed - it's been awhile since I've fired it up, but I would have 100+ hours on it) with it is that when you DO manage to make a successful colony and really start to bump up your number of settlers, the game's scheduling system really starts to struggle. It's the same with Prison Architect when your prison gets too large and there are too many tasks to schedule, and it begins to seem like people are just not doing what they are supposed to be doing for no good reason - some jobs just don't get priority.

It does take a looooong time to get to that point in Rimworld, but it's very unsatisfying once you do.

I think my key is to start with a mountainous spot and instead of building, dig your settlements directly into the mountain. Saves a lot of material and you can still setup cooling/heating, etc., and with less risk of fire destroying everything, especially if you carefully lay out the high-risk explosive stuff and separate it with tunnels.