View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #136
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I decline an offer of 400k from Porto for Palenik.

Palenik and I discuss his concern and I told him the offer wasn’t anywhere near our evaluation of him. He has a min release fee of 3.5 mill. He asks what I would sell him for, and he tells me that my 3.5 mill is too high, and we agree that if I get an offer at 2.7 mill, then I’ll sell.

It’s like his agent went and told Porto that because within an hour I have a “non-negotiable” offer for 2.7 mill. That’s sad. I liked you Jakub, I even brought another young Slovakian for you to play with. But you had already peaked.

Now I have 3 mill in transfer kitty to go shopping with. Certainly someone or other will scratch.

I call up my recent DC acquisition from the U19 squad.

I make an offer to Cluj for their best youth prospect. I like him a lot. I was willing to offer a lot, but my first check-in offer of 250k was accepted. Did I overpay? I doubt it, he’s strong. I was expecting to spend a lot more of my transfer cash.

Ah well.

Anyone else who strikes me?

I finalize an offer for the best youth prospect at FCSB for 750k.

Huh.

We must sell our youth too cheaply.

The 16 year old at FCSB doesn’t want to come to us (too young), but we do get the Cluj guy. Their finances must not be good. I’ll poach him.

This is Striker Raul Cobarzan. He’s a solid St prospect who can, hopefully, bring some heat. He’s my 5th choice ST after Gimenez, Simonovski, Schlocobiert and Dodoi, but we love his potential. I put him on loan. He needs first team starts.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote