Hall Of Famer

Liga:

1. Craiova, 32 points
2. Cruj, 25
3. Botosani, 23
4. Concordia, 22
5. Us, Sepsi, 21
6. Dinamo, 20

That three game winning streak took us from 10th to 5th.

I think we’ll return to the ground soon, but other than against Cluj, I haven’t felt the talent difference between top and bottom here like I have with other teams. We have been pretty solid, not losing by much, and not winning by much either.

I am shocked at how well Simonovski is playing and how poorly Stoychev has done thus far. Simonovski now has 10 goals. He is tied with the league lead.

Game #14, Cup – Tandia is back for today’s away match against Medias. This is a Romanian Cup match that was added to our schedule. I give Ghinga a start for today’s match at DC along with Viera and Urzu. This is not a game that should match equals. We are on a 3 game winning streak, they on a 5 game losing streak. They are currently the 14th team in the league, and, well, we aren’t. So we should be able to make this one work. We know how that goes in footy though, right? Rain is cascading in droves across the stadium. It’s not a nice warm rain, but a cold one that’s the sign of winter. We are playing in their place, and the first 25 minutes melt as very little happens. At the 30:35 mark, Sate dribbles, is free of a defender, crosses to Simonovski who heads it in, but their GK jump and stops it, it lands at Hadnagy’s feet, and he puts it away. Goal. Medias….isn’t coming forward. I was expecting it. But nope. Half. I think they are playing defensive to my counter. At the half, I have 8 shots and 3 on target to their 5 and 1. Guard against complacency. They claw one back in the 47th. I send in Jakub and Ross. Tandia next. They are really having a second half awakening. I am doing everything I can to keep them out of goal again. And there it is. Mario Rondon scores in the 83rd. DAMMIT RONDON!!! Do we have another late goal magic going for us? ATTACK THAT GOAL. Nope. We lose 1-2. I’m not happy with losing to the lowest team in the league, even in a Cup match.

I sign off trials 18 year old DM/MC Noa Benniniga, Dutch. Our scouts said (he could be a little better than our best middie, Traore). I send him to muh U19 squad to continue to blow people out.

After losing to Botosano in the Cup, FCSB fired their manager. My AssMan has finished his Romanian language course.

Game #15 – Away vs Botosano is next. (The Juve match was pushed back due to Euro play). I give Ross a start for Rodroguez and Jakub is back in the lineup. Vengeance! Meh. I’m not going to bother with the play by play for this incredibly boring 0-0 game. I’ll take the point and move on. There was a 5-4 match elsewhere in Bosano. But nope, we have to yawn our way through a tie.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote