View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 03:02 AM   #128
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Detroit: Become Human - 9.75/10 I just watched the whole playthrough on YouTube (theRadBrad) and was completely blown away by what I witnessed. I loved Quantic Dream's Beyond Two Souls and this was their next game. Even though I am not much of a fan of futuristic stuff or robots, the stories, voice acting/mocap, music, graphics, atmosphere, etc. were so superb that it had me hooked and I can't stop thinking about it, even if I couldn't play it. But what really blew me away was discovering how the choices - even early on - can affect the rest of the game/stories, to the point that an alternate choice can give you a whole new storyline - and there are dozens of such choices. Most cinematic, story-driven games are fairly linear (for good reasons) but this is more of a cinematic, choice-driven game.

I'd personally give it an 8, after initially being super hooked on it. Some parts of it are phenomenal, others not so much. The endings feel a little underwhelming compared to previous games, and the story is the least original the studio's ever put out. I'd have to play Beyond: Two Souls again to see, but right now, Heavy Rain is still on top of my Quantic Dreams ranking list.

Overall, David Cage is one of those developers there's not much middle ground on - either you love his work or you hate it (I'm talking purely about the games themselves - as a person, he's... got some issues, which is why I think he gets hated so much and his games trashed by some people).

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote