View Single Post
Old 12-15-2003, 06:00 AM   #212
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kokoshin
CR, Miami is possibly penalised for an error in the original file. I recall (since I can't verify it now) that the contract of Zach Thomas is possibly wrong in the original file (it looks lije a typo).

More or less he commanded 3.5M, 7.5M, 4.5M in the first three years of his contract (if memory serves), so they have around 4M less for free agent spending.

Not that I have studied the file thoroughly, but I started a Fins dynasty and the first three years were awful in the FA market.

Heh, heh, well that's the way it goes. I haven't given a thought to editing in guys like Willis McGahee or Mark Field or changing guys like Domanick davis and Rudi Johnson to more appropriate settings.

Since I am already one year through, of course, I don't see Thomas's first year salary, but just the big $7+ M he's due to make this year. Still, even adding $4 M to what the team normally could spend would still only put the Fins up to about $12-13 M, which is still better than just one team--the same Titans teams that is still in a weaker cap situation than Miami even as we speak.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote