View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #83
Hobbes-
High School Varsity

A scorching day at Fockers Arena (uhh.. I was here and it snowed/rained all day), where 24585 spectators were in place for today´s match. Fockers tactics involved an interesting 3-5-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Paulusz - Läfvengård, Oerlemans, Gnaegi - Snashall, Leone, Lindhell, Müller, Kaplan - Bulygin, Schreuder.

Huligans tactics involved an interesting 4-4-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Barnett - Mayes, Zelazny, Dina, Bradley - Foster, Olsson, Gottman, Chocano Díaz - Högblom, Frederick.

After 2 minutes Huligans put themselves up by 0 - 1 as Karl Gottman finished off a strike from the left with a real cannon placed at the far post. 14 minutes into the game Danny Schreuder was really close to evening the score out with a dangerous long range shot, but the ball went just wide of the bar. After 23 minutes of play Danny Schreuder equalised for Fockers after an elegant attack from the right. Almost all the way down to the corner flag Davis Kaplan somehow managed to get a perfect pass into the middle, impossible to miss for Danny Schreuder who struck for 2 - 1. After an industrious effort down the middle Laurence Gnaegi could have closed the game off in the 39:th minute, but his finishing shot hit the post. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Fockers held the ball, with a clear 61 percent possession rate.

Fockers put themselves up 3 - 1 when Per Lindhell broke through on the right, leaving the entire defensive box behind him. In the 48:th minute Huliganss Blair Bradley received a yellow card for going into a challenge studs first. A well placed corner kick from Klas Olsson was followed by Lance Mayes´s hard but accurate header. The nice combination meant goal for Huligans. The result now 3-2. In the 78:th minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Hans Herbert Müller dashed through, knocking home 4 - 2 for Fockers. In the 85:th minute Fockers´s Laurence Gnaegi tried to nail the coffin shut, but the shot rebounded off the bar to fall behind the net. 87 minutes into the game Per Lindhell had to leave the pitch due to a knee injury. In came Chang Yao. Fockers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 58 percent, dominated the battle.

The most dominating Fockers player was without a doubt Hans Herbert Müller. However, Danny Schreuder made a disastrous appearance. Huligans´s best player was Karl Gottman. Blair Bradley on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 2.

Fockers
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: magnificent
Right Side Defence: world class
Central Defence: world class
Left Side Defence: world class
Right Side Attack: excellent
Central Attack: passable
Left Side Attack: passable

The Mad Huligans
Player rating and Team formation
Midfield: excellent
Right Side Defence: formidable
Central Defence: magnificent
Left Side Defence: brilliant
Right Side Attack: brilliant
Central Attack: excellent
Left Side Attack: weak

4-2 Win.. Normal.. I was hoping for magnificent midfield today so I was happy to see that. I was unhappy to see Per injured AGAIN.. 2nd week in a row. 95 Rating.. I might make the top 10! It would be nice to secure a spot in the division so that I could MOTS AAC or Mountain 2nd half of the season.

I am gonna try a 3-4-3 tactic this wednesday with 3 middies.. and a TM attack.. with hopes of being a little less readable. Unless my middie somehow recovers I'll most likely press and PIC vs Mountain.

Any other ideas of what I can do vs him? Btw congrats lytic on the tie. I watched all the games and he had a buncha chances towards the end of the game. Okay maybe not a bunch, but a few.

Last edited by Hobbes- : 12-14-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Hobbes- is offline   Reply With Quote