View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 02:07 PM   #922
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

High School Meet - County Championships @ Cumming Aquatic Center - 1/20/18

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bailey - This is her last chance to try and get into the top 4 qualifiers in her events so she can swim at state. Otherwise she'll get her state patch but not swim again this year. Unfortunately, she is dealing with serious back pain and she'll have practice the morning before this event.

#6 Girls 200 IM (2:21.44) - - Given her aches and pains and her poor showings in recent races I don't expect a good swim here...
#12 Girls 100 Fly (1:04.46) - - see above
#18 Girls 200 Free Relay C
#24 Girls 400 Free Relay B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bear - I would love to say the Bear is in a prime spot to do well here, but he's been slow to get back up to speed after his sickness. I do think he'll do better than he did the last couple of meets, but I believe he's still going to struggle.

#5 Boys 200 IM (2:06.39) - I expect he'll be around a 2:08...
#15 Boys 500 Free (4:51.40) - I think he's going to struggle to break 5 minutes which is a shame because he'll probably lose to a couple of kids that he's much better than in this event...
#17 Boys 200 Free Relay A -
#23 Boys 400 Free Relay A - unfortunately John Ryan is out for this meet which means the relays will all suffer...not sure if he would have been in this one or the 200 but typically it would be this one...His absence will add about 5 seconds to the relays total time...that's a HUGE difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett

#1 Boys 200 Medley Relay (breast) - - I love the fact he's finishing out his swimming career on the B relay. He was never going to be on the A but no shame being on the B when the A breaststroker swims under a 58 second 100...
#7 Boys 50 Free (26.19) - I wish he kept himself in better shape during the holiday...I'd have loved to see him post a 25 high here. He won't...he'll be somewhere around 27 low.
#21 Boys 100 Breast (1:11.54) - see ablove. His breast looks much better than it has in years, but he is too out of shape to bring it home. Last meet he swam he came home in a 40 second back half...that's terrible. Because he's out of shape expect another 1:!4 high time...
#23 Boys 400 Free Relay C -

Last edited by Breeze : 01-19-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote