View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:04 AM   #195
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It wasn't borderline at all. It is in no way a sexual assault. Maybe Aziz is a pervert or sleazy. Maybe he's just really bad at sex. Maybe it goes against what he says in his stand-up specials and you should stop watching them.

That has nothing to do with sexual assault or the current #MeToo movement. There was no sexual assault that took place. No power dynamic he held over her career. It was just a bad date by two incompatible people.

If you want to turn this into a "conversation", the lesson should be that you are free to leave someone's apartment if you don't like how they are acting toward you. You are free to say "this date sucks" and call an Uber. Heck, even taking the more puritanical view of "a date shouldn't make a move on the first date" is fine. But this is just a sad way to latch on to an actual movement removing actual predators from society.

While I don't ENTIRELY disagree with your assertion that this incident shouldn't be held up in public as a standard for sexual assault, I gotta say that I recoil at your repeated suggestions that this is typical or acceptable first/any date behavior.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote