View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #173
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I would like to think that protecting the victims would weed out the false accusers but I don't know that to be true.

Yeah, don't see how.

Quote:
Define the issue. If the issue is sexual misconduct and sexual crimes, I don't think that is as simple as men vs women. I feel pretty comfortable saying that most men who are falsely accused are not for those things.

Who said anything about anybody being "for" sexual misconduct? I'm saying what we are mainly talking about is assaults on women from men.

Quote:
As I mentioned before I am talking about more about workplace situations as opposed to out on the streets. So I pose the same rhetorical response that I posed to tarcone. You are meeting with Harvey Weinstein for your employment in his office. He does what he does. What is the proactive measure for that? What about the proactive measures for the button under Matt Lauer's desk I don't know have an answer for that.

I was using an analogy. The two situations you describe would be situations that I would agree be almost impossible to defend yourself from. But going alone to Weinstien's hotel room is something you can "not do" (and where most of his conduct occurred). Lauer's desk would be something difficult to forsee, but going to his hotel at the Olympics drunk is again something you could prevent. I'm not sure where you going with this, because I believe I clearly stated you cannot possible defend yourself from every situation, but there are some situations that you can.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-01-2018 at 02:26 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote