View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 06:48 PM   #194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
What on earth did the Pats spend their money on? Someone (or ones) must be costing them a fortune!

It's hard to say, Chris. I looked at their end of free agency roster (end of the first free agency, that is), and they are about $24 M under the cap. Maybe they aren't making good money and need to keep costs down?

I will say this: $20 M of that $55 M is tied up in three players; Ty Law, Tom Brady and Willie McGinest. And they needed to renegotiate Brady and LB Roman Phifer's contract to get what they could.

As far as I can tell the Patriots are just really bad with either contracts or talent evaluation. They are getting beat for free agents, and they let a ton of guys go. And I don't feel they're even making enough offers.

Quote:
Originally posted by RawIsDan
Excellent report Chief. You helped me kill some slack time at work !

Chief Rum's dynasties--contributing to the laziness of the American worker. Glad I could do my part as a citizen of this fine country.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-12-2003 at 06:48 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote