View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 08:21 AM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
By the way, if you ever get a chance, you must check the AFL's MVP presentation (or Brownlow Medal) for the best and fairest player.

It is strangely compelling viewing. The best players from each game are awarded 3-2-1 points (by the game's umpires) with these results announced at the end of season presentation. The leader board is updated at the same time so the drama grows as the points are announced. A nice part of it, since this is for the best and fairest, is that players are ineligible if they have been suspended during the season for any on-field transgression.

I think that you can find last year's presentation on youtube.

Just looked at this on your advice and you're right, this is compelling viewing even without knowing anyone involved. I doubt it would work here, though people watch the draft for 3 days. So maybe...

2016 AFL Brownlow Medal - YouTube

Honestly, if I ever went back to camp, I'd make them do the best camper award voting like this instead of doing what we did where it was just one meeting at the end of the session. Having people vote daily like this could be better, though you'd have to keep the records somewhere and decide who the selectors would be. But the whole suspense of counting would be fascinating.

Anyway, carry on.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-15-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote