View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 10:29 PM   #3
-Mojo Jojo-
High School Varsity

Our first week has come and gone. No big news except for my trade with the Chiefs. I signed a few rookie FA's to 1-yr deals. Ty Detmer, James Stewart, Shawn Bryson, John Owens, Eric Beverly, Kelvin Pritchett, and Chris Cash signed low cost contract extensions. LB Barrett Green rejected a 3 year, $3.81m offer.

We have our first preseason game next week, at home against Pittsburgh. They're weak at QB and RB, but the rest of the team should be plenty to rip us to shreds. All of my veteran starters (all 5 of them ) are inactive to let the younger guys get some experience.

I am making significant contract extension bids on RT Stockar McDougle and MLB Wali Rainer this week. I'll take another shot at Green too. Ray Brown will almost certainly be traded this week.

Around the league, Green Bay knocked off Kansas City 26-24 on the strength of two first-half Brett Favre touchdown passes. Earl Holmes had 2 tackles and an assist for the Chiefs. In Tampa, the Bucs score 5 sacks on Pennington and Testaverde en route to pasting the Jets, 30-10.

There were no other trades the past week. Indy tried to tie up Peyton Manning before his contract ends, but he rejected their 7-yr, $95m offer. The Raiders attempted to extend the contracts of everyone but their waterboy (who is already locked into a 10-yr deal). Rich Gannon and Barrett Robbins turned them down, but most everyone else signed, including Charles Woodson who signed a 3 yr, $2.8m deal! Baltimore extended CB Chris McAlister to a 4-yr, $18.6m contract.

Last edited by -Mojo Jojo- : 12-11-2003 at 10:33 PM.
-Mojo Jojo- is offline   Reply With Quote