View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 06:58 PM   #319
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If Comrie wasn't playing, the Oilers shouldn't have been sending him checks, IMO. The bonuses I can understand returning a portion of, although it should be noted that the reason bonuses are given is as an incentive to sign the contract, which Comrie did. The only reason I think the bonuses could be touched is because they were an inducement to a contract Comrie partly didn't honor.

I understand Lowe's position, because this was a crappy situation for the Oilers, but he also was rather double-handed on this one. He worked out a deal with the Ducks, and then allowed them to negotiate a contract with Comrie. It was all settled and ready to go. Not once over the past several months or since Cmorie began his holdout has he mentioned pulling this last second card. And, now, after it's all set, he does this? That's just B.S.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-11-2003 at 06:58 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote