View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 11:20 PM   #75
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Some great fiction podcasts going on right now.

Homecoming is fantastic. It's done by Gimlet that does the Crimetown podcast. People like David Schwimmer, Amy Sedaris, David Cross, and Catherine Keener doing the voice work. Season 1 was perfect and the first episode of season 2 just came out this week.

The Message and lif-e.af/ter by Panoply/GE Podcast Theater is just as good as Homecoming and has its two semi-related seasons done. Don't know if they're going to do a third piece and start tying it all together more closely, but I hope they do as it's been phenomenal so far.

Limetown was really good as well. Told through the lens of a reporter for an NPR equivalent gives it a perspective the others don't have.

Alice Isn't Dead has been okay so far. They've gotten more mileage out of the Thistle Men than I thought would work and season two has been better than the first one.

I haven't started Welcome to NightVale yet, but they're the creators of Alice Isn't Dead so they're on the list.

A third fiction podcast in the Night Vale lineup is The Orbiting Human Circus (Of the Air) with a cast that includes Tim Robbins and Mandy Patinkin. You can check out all of their stuff under the Night Vale Presents moniker.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote