View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2017 NFL Amateur Draft

The first player off the board is

QB Mickey Lannon, to the Redskins

Our pick arrives at 27. Who is there I scouted and liked?

C Harrison Tatum, very underrated

CB Trenton Flynn? (37/70)

There is a maxed bars guy still on the board - MLB Robert Banda. Not a position of need, but the BAP is Banda. His ideal is a SLB. He is the best LB in the draft, and looks to be a real force. I could draft him,and say screw it, and just move ot the 3-4 and move on.

OG AJ Doyle? OG Gaytan

TE Kris Nixon looks like a house, but again, not a position of need

OG Gaytan is available and looks extremely strong. We have some quality Des here as well that appear to have dropped.

My current OGs are 63/63 and 58/58. Gaytan appears to be the next level of quality. At LB I have 72/72 Kirksey, and then 53/61 Ogbah, and others.

Let's do it. Let;s take Banda

TE Nixon heads to teh Packers at teh next pick

The second round arrives and another BAP is about to happen. 2nd round DE Julio Stanton is a house, fell, and I'm not letting him fall further!
The 3rd pick is here and i need to start looking at need. I take the 2nd est CB on the board CB Cooper Schmidtke. He has good bars, and is pretty fast.

The 4th arrives. Two players attract me. C Harrison Tatum is still on the board. Very underrated, best C in the draft. Or FL Gabriel Lynch, with a great set of bars, and fast too. Both are good. Both are positions of need.

My current C is Andrew Graham, 46/52. My current WR are 58/58 and 63/63, and Norwood, the better on, is 30.

But very underrated? Man that entices!

I go with C Tatum

In the 5th, Lynch is there, so I snag Gabriel Lynch

6th round? Any more corners of quality? Sure, i grab tehj best CB on teh board Antoine Harrison

7th round i like to pick up depth or special teams. FL Shawn Gordon appears to be one of the best returners left, I grab him.

Here;s my first draft class:

1st Round - LB Robert Banda, Rice
2nd Round - DE Julio Stanton, Fresno State
3rd Round - CB Cooper Schmidtke, Mississippi
4th Round - C Harrison Tatum, Purdue
5th Round - WR Gabriel Lynch, Baylor
6th Round - CB Antoine Harrison, Ohio
7th Round - WR Shawn Gordon, Mississippi State

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote