View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 01:49 AM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

I like to give out a quintet of team awards each year to represent all of the different things we got from our peoples.

Offensive Player of the Year - 10-6. 1-1. That's why QB Brendan Aldridge has to be here. He was something acceptable, workable, and winnable.

Defensive Player of the Year - MLB Chris Kirksey. He led the team in multiple factors, and had a 20 solo tackle performance. He was the best player on our team from many angles, and made his impact felt. Good job Kirksey!

Special Teams Player of the Year - P Rob Emerson - He made All Pro. As an undrafted rookie. You have to love what Emerson has coming in his future!

Rookie of the Year - DE Joey Horner - We had a metric ton of rookies contribute and could get this award. But when you get Defensive Rookie of the Year and All Pro, my hands are tied. You deserved it Horner!

Heart Award - DT Danny Shelton - Is Danny a creeper? I guess we'll find out. He is a 56/56 DT, drafted in the first round last year. He was the best DT statistically this year in the league in pressurizing that QB. Actually, I'm a bit surprised that Sheldon got 2nd team. He led all Dts in sacks, and was 2nd best in hurries. But, beside that, the Heart Award goes to someone who over performed, did well in difficult circumstances, and more. Shelton defines that description.

Good job all!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-27-2016 at 02:17 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote