View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:58 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now let's look at quality UFA. I will bring in any UFA that can pass the "Steam up a mirror when you breathe on it" test.

Well...

Did I just find my Otto Graham already? That's sort of broken. But very Browns to find a UFA that's better than anyone on their roster.

QB Christopher Donner, UFA, 16/57

Probably one of those UFA misses you expect. I sign him

I offer and bring in three more UFA Qbs that appear to have really high ceilings.

I also make offers to:

P Rob Emerson, 66/77 rating

K Zach Raymond, 44/68

LT Raymond Daubuch, affinity with our leader, 36/67

I have a RB here who looks good. But he would be my RB leader, with some liking him, but one person. . Before I make him an offer I cut my current FB who is my leader to see who his replacement would be My new leader has an affinity.

I sign the next one down. Not as good, but with an affinity. RB Sean Yamata, 37/37, who will be my backfield leader.

Actually, never mind. With Yatamata on my team as the leader, the #1 gy out there actually likes Sean and gets along with him, and won;t be my leader anymore. I sign him too: RB Gabe Myers, 41/45

TE Shaquillie Helmic, affinity, 28/57

FS Bruce Davison, 30/59

I cut LG Alvin Bailey to make room on my roster for OG Andrew Graham, 35/64

I have 9 QBs on my roster heading into camp. I cut Kevin Hogan.

I sign LT Rodolfo Stine, affinity with leader Joe Thomas, 27/66

I cut the horrible looking WR Rashard Higgans (12/18) and sign UFA WR Artie Lyon, 29/54

Now, all of these UFas are likely to bust, and fade. But they are still better than many Browns players even if they mostly fad. Some changes were already made to the roster after they signed.

Hmmmmm

Right now I have a strong affinity conflict in my receiver core. TE Barnidge is the leader, and Pryor and him have a strong conflict. I do not want that.

The roster above is updated through this post

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-26-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote