View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Otto Graham Challenge (FOF8) Now With the Chargers

I've been thinking recently about how amazingly different and crazy the career of QB Otto Graham was. I think he was the greatest QB of all time.

He played in the era before the pass was common.

When he retired he led all QBs in various passing stats, one of which (yards per pass) he still holds. He also has the highest winning percentage of all time. This guy was no mere safety net or hander off of the ball.

Here:

1). In real life, Otto Graham played running back, punt returner, and a bit of passing QB as well in college at Northwestern, and was converted to full time QB in the pros. (according to HOF bio)
2). In real life, Otto Graham had a 10 year career, and made it to the playoffs every year
3). In real life, Otto Graham made it to the championship 9 times in 9 years
4). In real life, Otto Graham won 7 championships
5). In real life, Otto Graham made All Pro 9 times
6). In real life, Otto Graham set career records in passing, one of which (career: yards/pass attempt) still stands today
7). In real life, Otto Graham was selected to the Hall of Fame
8) In real life, Otto Graham was no drafted by the Browns.
9). In real life, Otto Graham led the Browns, a new team, essentially an expansion team
10). In real life Otto Graham has the record for highest winning percentage.

So here's what you'd need to do: Sign an undrafted RB/QB/PR athlete from college, convert to full time QB, for an expansion - brand new team, make it to the playoffs 10/10 seasons, 9 championships, 7 victorys, set passing records and winning 5, make 9 all pros, and the HOF.

Good luck with that!

We can't simulate expansions in most places, but you do could an empty cupboard to be similar. It's just mind-boggling.

Now a lot of this stuff would be hard to facilitate in FOFC. So here is what I am aiming for:

1). Play as the Browns.
2). Sign an undrafted FA QB
3). Have that undrafted QB have a bunch of awards like Pro Bowls and such.
4). Win a bunch of Super Bowls
5). Set at least a few Top Ten of All Time records for passing
6). The Hall of Fame Awaits.

And that's it. We have longer careers now, but more teams in the league to compete against.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-23-2017 at 04:59 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote