View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 09:57 PM   #483
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am now a Grand Thane. What improvements are there for the various disciplines?

Grand Thane

If you are a Kai Grand Master who has reached the rank of Grand Thane (9 Disciplines), you will now benefit from improvements to the following Grand Master Disciplines:

Deliverance
Grand Thanes with this Discipline are able to call upon the God Kai for divine assistance should a situation warrant it. Kai cannot intervene to save a Grand Thane from physical danger, but he can give signs which may help a Grand Thane choose the best course of action. A Grand Thane can call upon the God Kai for assistance no more than once every month. The frequency of divine audiences will increase as a Grand Master rises in rank.

Assimilance
Grand Thanes who possess this skill are able to protect themselves from detection by creatures using infravision (the ability to see the heat radiating from a person or thing), or ultravision (the ability to detect objects or movement in the ultraviolet spectrum of light).

Kai-surge
Grand Thanes with this skill are able to focus their mind-power upon inanimate breakable objects, e.g. bottles, windows, all ceramics, urns, jugs, etc., and cause them to explode violently. Any person or creature in close proximity to such an explosion risks injury from flying shrapnel.

Grand Nexus
Grand Thanes who possess mastery of this Discipline can pass freely through Shadow Gates. These phenomena are special portals which enable one to access other dimensions and planes of existence outside of Magnamund. Kai Grand Thanes are able to detect the location of Shadow Gates and pass through them without suffering any physical ill effects. The range of detection increases as a Kai Grand Master rises in rank.

Telegnosis
Grand Thanes who possess this Discipline are able to detect the exact location of precious gems, and valuable metals such as gold, platinum, and silver. These minerals and metals may occur naturally in the ground or they could be part of a hidden treasure hoard. The range of this ability is limited at first, but increases steadily as a Kai Grand Master rises in rank.

Magi-magic
Grand Masters who have reached the rank of Grand Thane are able to use the following Old Kingdom Battle-spells:
• Power Glyph—By inscribing this ancient glyph (a secret magical symbol) upon a door, an archway, or even upon the lid of a closed box, a Kai Grand Thane is able to protect items or portals from being opened. Any creature attempting to open a portal protected in such a way will release the power of the glyph and suffer its deadly effects.
• Hold Enemy—Using this spell, Kai Grand Thanes are able to immobilize a single hostile creature anywhere within twenty feet of themselves. The duration of the spell is dependent upon the size and strength of the targeted creature. The range and duration of effect of this spell increase as a Grand Master rises in rank.

Considering just how often I seem to be flitting about from plane to plan these days, I think Grand Nexus should prove useful. I’m taking it as the next Discipline for my character.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote