View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 04:51 AM   #33
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

U.S.D. Novese - Season 2
The legacy of Vittorio Pozzo

MARS 2017

We will be without ML Nicoḷ Condorelli for a few weeks due to injury. Pasquale D'Addio will have to move out left and I add Gianmaria Cucurnia to the central midfield. I give Arrigo Berera the change in the center.

@ Acqui #13
For a rivalry the first half is very boring with only a single shot on goal.
Arrigo Berera only last 40 minutes before he picks up what looks like a serious injury.
I normally have few complaints about keeper Michael Vezzani but just after the break he allows a goal in the keeper-corner. A shot he normally stops.
This time we are the team to score late. A minute into extra time Zhytarchuk saves us when he puts a D'Addio cross into the net.
Another tie game. It's the fourth in the last five games.

Argentina Arma also struggles and only gets a draw. A.C. Bra is winning and we might be letting them back into the promotion fight.

Arrigo Berera got a back strain and will be out for up to six weeks.

@ home vs. Sestri Levante #11
We score after 30 minutes only to see the goal getting called back due to Zhytarchuk pushing off.
In the second half we hit the upright after a corner but that was the closest we got.
1341 people is treated to another 0-0 game.

@ home vs. Pinerolo #14
Denys Zhytarchuk scores after just six minutes when Davide Sala finds him with a free kick.
Pinerolo pulls level just a minute after the break when the marking completely breaks down on a free kick. They get to take three shots without the defends reacting.
Denys Zhytarchuk scores a second with just five minutes to play when he turns away two defends and easily puts the ball in the net.
Last five minutes are not pretty but we finally manage to get a win.

@ U.S.D. Lavagnese #6
The closest we get in the first half is a ball in the crossbar from DC Armando Sykaj after a corner. We have good control and a lot of ball (62%) but Zhytarchuk is having a bad day up front, not hitting anything.
I replace him after an hour with Brice Bonelli.
After having full control in the first half the game for some reason changes at the break. U.S.D. Lavagnese takes over the game and we are under heavy pressure.
After 84 minutes we give up the lead after a freekick we fail to clear.
Looks like we again will loss late.
2 minute before full time Brice Bonelli give us an equalizer on our only shot in the second half.
We get another lucky draw.

Month end standing
U.S.D. Novese 56 p
S.S.D. Argentina Arma 56 p
A.C. Bra 55 p

Last edited by Northwood_DK : 07-25-2016 at 03:00 AM.
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote