View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #335
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

2337, Part II

2337.07.05 -- The 'Translating Explorers' Texts' research project fell to Dr. Corperial and the Society Department, which precluded the need to wait for further instructions there. We press on.

07.16 -- Not sure I even understand this technobabble, but well done Dr. Tarc regardless. Potential physics research is the tangible outcome.

08.11 -- Physics lab finished on Eskogg. For about a year at least, the planet has caught up with what it needs to build in terms of provincial improvements.

09.11 -- First trio of crystalline entities engaged in the Dawcan system. Hopefully the fleet can hit them hard and avoid fighting a bunch of them at once.

10.01 -- Bakangi Spaceport finishes the Destroyer Assembly Yards. For now it will be building corvettes while Humboldt builds destroyers, but having two spaceports who can build the larger vessels quickly and cheaply could prove important.

10.10 -- First group of crystals in the Dawcan system defeated. They were tougher than expected. There were five of them, not three, and a corvette was lost. Since I haven't shown any battles recently, here's a shot of the mop-up a few days earlier. They seemed similar to the previous groups, just a couple more of the less powerful ones giving them more firepower in the early stages. Perhaps we should treat the red crystals with a little more respect. Back for repairs again, and it looks like clearing this system with three more such groups could be a lengthy process.

The fleet additions currently being built will be most welcome. Unlike the other kinds of crystals, we didn't achieve a much higher hit rate than they did(65% accuracy to 58%). Sheer numbers won this fight, and numbers only. The other side of that coin is the hope that in salvaging the debris that these encounters will produce might give us advances we have not yet considered ...

11.20 -- Very interesting discovery by the Korgasch investigating anomalies left behind by the Jaschalgur in the inner-arm systems.

12.01 -- Mining upgrade finishes on Agglor. Work will begin on another mine immediately.

12.10 -- The colony ship Ssaamilgus ... please don't ask me to spell that again, or pronounce it ... is completed and sets forth for the Hark system.

2338.01.25 -- Explorers text study is finished ... A new Imperial Edict known as Master's Teachings: Philosophical Mindset is now available. For the usual cost of 1 influence per month, this will increase Society research speed by 10%, and also add 1 leader slot. Also, seperate from that, a new option for Society research, Xenobiology, has been discovered and added to Dr. Corperial's choices.

One notable quote from Telisa is as follows: "The answer to the purpose of the cosmos lies outside of us, but that does not make us less inclined to find it. We must strive for unity in order to reach the answer for the root of all things." Fortune-cookie wisdom at its finest.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote