View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #404
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Excellent summary and tips, VP2!

I very much appreciate it.

I started a new game last week and seem to have finally turned the corner. At least this time out...

I am pretty far along in the game now. I have three battle ships and a ton of cruisers, destroyers, and corvettes. I think my fleet value is around 15,000.

I have my 5 core planets and 2 sectors one with 5 planets and another with 4.

I have two vassals.

Checking myself against the known aliens out there, I am better than all of them in terms of military - by far - except for one.

I focused on lasers and torpedoes and went for better military more often than not. Typically, in these games (like Civ) I advance pretty evenly. If I see a tech that's low value, I get it just to take it. Here, I didn't do that. I went for some of the bigger techs well before going after the low hanging fruit.

I haven't figured out how useful vassals are at the moment. One of them seems to do nothing, the other revolts every now and then.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote