View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #283
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I've slacked a bit the last couple days and will be trying to gradually catch up. The timeline left a short period until our next event.

2227.03.14 -- Bagglosch up to ***.

03.16 -- Hydroponics farm finished on Humboldt. There are three awaiting upgrade and the first is started immediately.

04.02 -- Blue lasers research completed.

Research Director's Briefing: Dr. Frank Justyce

Note that I've switched from 'points required' to months here for the difficulty of the projects as I think that's more informative.

** AI-Controlled Colony Ships(Computing, 46 mo.) -- Increases the development of colonies by 25%(effectively reducing the one-year establishment time to 9 months).
** Gravitic Sensors(Voidcraft, 23 mo.) -- Unlocks Gravitic Sensors, which increase sensor range from 20 to 25 and also provide +2 to hit(I assume this is a tiny accuracy bonus for weapons). Also increases survey speed by 15%
** Field Modulation(Industry, 23 mo.) -- Unlocks upgrades to Power Plant II(including the Betharian/Troutian one).

** Cloud Lightning Conduits(Particles, 115 mo., 17% complete) -- Cloud Lightning weapons which come in small and large versions.
** Active Countermeasures(Computing, 35 mo., 6.8%complete) -- Sentinel Point-Defense. The space amoeba is the first opponent we've run into that this might be useful against.
** Fusion Power(Particles, 23 mo., 14% complete) -- Energy Storage + 250(presently 3000), unlocks Fusion Reactors, which proved 15 power at a cost of 10 for the same space our Fission Reactors use for 10 power at a cost of 5.
** Green Crystal Capacitors(Particles, 58 mo., 20% complete) -- Green Shard Thrower weapon used by the crystalline entities, available in all three sizes.

Dr. Frank Justyce, you are now on the clock.

Survey Captain Briefing: Dr. Tarc

Dr. Tarc, you are the survey captain formerly known as Bagglosch, who rose to prominence through physics discoveries in the outer arm as a protege on the [i]Laggasch[/b], captained by our longest-serving and finest survey scientist, Aklish Deesh. Shortly afterward you were given command of your own ship, the Jaschalgur, presently in the inner arm just on the outskirts of Thar'Biq space in the Pulcor system. You are presently 48 years old, one of our youngest leaders at the moment as its an aging group as discussed. You have just progressed to *** skill and have two traits. You have Computing expertise(+10% research speed in that category), suggesting a potential future in physics as well. Also, you have Spark of Genius(+10% to all research).

For now, there is one choice to make relating to risk tolerance. When researching anomalies, there is almost always a risk of failure which results in negative consequences as I'm sure you are aware -- most often, the loss of whatever might have been gained forever. Choose one of the following:

** Low -- Anything 10% or lower will be investigated, everything else left for later or a more skilled surveyor.
** Medium -- 30%
** High -- 50%
** Custom -- Pick your own % if you don't like those options.

Dr. Tarc, you have been added and are now on the clock. Welcome to the Oncorhyncus Collective.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote