View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 07:25 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I still don’t get how Vazquez just had a career year starting 40 games in this league, it’s crazy. He’s tis 31 year old miracle. Here we are, just 10th in the league, and he’s not only the most in form player on our roster, but also one of the top in the league. He started with the Real Madrid C club for a couple of years, and then went to Castilla, who placed in the Segunda B league for 3 years, and the he came to Melilla for a year, left for Huesca for a year, back back to Melilla for two, then went to Veroia for a year, and then came back to us and was new last year for us, and played two years now. And last year, he was never that great compared to Sanchez, and was regularly pulled for others later in the game, like Borja. His skills aren’t that great. He is worse than both Ndi and Anaba and Souto. And yet, this guy just had an incredible season for us. There’s nothing on paper to predict what just happened with David Vazquez . Determation? Just 12. Work rate? 8. Passing at 14 is good, helps him connect, and obviously have the 14 crossing, tehe 16 free kicks, the 12 long shots, and such help too. His physical skills are laughable -10, 10, 12, 10, 12, 11, 12, 11. Those are the physical traits of a guy who just dominated in the middle in the 2nd best league in Spain. He doesn’t have this great presence phsycially with 7 tackling, 8 marking, nor does he have this great heading skill to help out – just 9. 10 finishing. 13 technique, 13 first touch. So where does it come from? I don’t know. I haven’t a clue. But at 31 years of age, Vazquez is a man of mystery, and a tour of force

Alright, next is ST and DR and those will be my major acquisitions this time. Other than some talented youth or anything, that’s the limit I think of my roster, since it’s good. Just because I have the cash for more doesn’t mean I have to spend it. I make some offers for some solid youthers coming off deals to flesh out my U19 and B Squads.

Croatia is lucky. There are a number of strong young folks in the Croatian area our scout found that we like. Damir Begic, nd others, bu the best is Mladen Mance, an 18 year old guy who us already amazing, and would get better very, very quickly. Like a wonderkid quickly. He plays for Basel. He doesn’t want to sign with us, but if the did, I would do everything I could to move mountains to get him. He’ll be a great one. He has a minimum release fee of 1.1 mill. If I slashed my salary to 119k a week, I’d have enough to pay for him. So I can do it. And I would. I’d have already sung his praised. Ah well. Finding a newly generated wonderkid is one thing. Signing is very much another.

You know what? Let’s take a shot. I offer 1.1 mill, his escape clause to Basel

I bring in Renouard as a scout

Offer for Mance accepted, but nope, not interested, as we suspected. Ah wells.

I find a 20 year old DR named Fernando Fonseca who plays for Porto and who’s deal is up soon. He’s not great. He’s not amazing. He’s not a lights out DR. On the pitch, we think Romero is better, but Romero certainly didn’t play better last year

I head to the board and request an upgraded scouting assignment, they decline, but I convince them

I can now scout…

The whole world!

I send a scout to North Africa first and another to West Africa

I ask for more scouts and they agree. We get one more. Whoo hoo.

I make an offer to Ruud van Nistelroojj to help my U19 team

I make an offer for a Portuguese/Brazilian to come and scout for me.

Elche wins promotion to the Liga after winning the playoffs. Good luck!

Ruud arrives, I make an offer to, and sign for 14k a young talent from Sestao River, a club so far down on the charts that you’ve likely never heard of it. Welcome.

I also sign youther Ibrahim Compaore. My scout arrives, Alvaro Dias. Hmmm

What about Rubio Rubin?

(He plays for the USA< and has been capped already). One of my scouts recommend him. Now I lost Mahmoud, so I only have one non-EU player on our roster – that’s Souto. I sent out a scout to check him out. He plays here in Europe.

Now there is a player I’ve been dodging, since I have someone on my roster who’s good in that area already:

31 year old Markel. Plays MC< DMC< and DC< and is best at DMC> Mentals stats are amazing. Physical are feasible, and his technical – wow – 16 mark? 17 tack? That’s good styuff there. He’s not great at aerial stuff, meaning he’s better as a DMC than as a DC, and he’s a ball winning guy, btu not a deep lying playmaker, his passing is just a 10. His whole career has been at Real Sociedad but they have let his contract go. He’s willing to sign, and he is a good quality player. If I didn’t have Osmar, I’d be happy to bring him in.

Could I run a formation with 2 DMC, one a ball winning and the other the deep lying playemr?

Hmm…

I’m trouble with the DR stuff. What if I moved Sergio Diaz like he wants to Elche, and then I move to three DC and remove fullbacks. Sort of a 3/2/3/2. I don’t know if that’s a real strategy though or not. A 4/2/2/2 would never work, I have too many wingers, right? Plus I still need that DR. Now what about 4231? Nah I need an MC spot for Vazquez. 4213 works better. It is 3232 is there.

I’d rather have too many good players than not enough. What if Osmar get’s injured? I make Markel an offer.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote