View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 02:39 PM   #348
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry. I've been afraid to post here because I didn't want to get everyone's hopes up. But i think we have good news coming soon...

Things are starting to settle down. I'd say we're less than three weeks away from restarting. Most nights now the baby is somewhat sleeping after 8:30, and that's a good thing. I can get a half hour to an hour of free time in the evenings about four or five times a week now, and it's been getting better every week.

I've been doing the basketball dynasty because it's easy and fast (the print function in the game makes doing dynasties so easy), I can make progress playing only thirty minutes, and the game has no sound. X-COM makes noise, takes much more time to make progress, and, well, all the details of the explanation are over in the basketball dynasty if you're curious.

When we'll restart I'll probably aim for the mission a week pace at a minimum, and pick things up where I can. I'm hoping it will be the last restart we'll need. I really want to see how this all turns out. I feel like we're getting close to the end, and it's time to end the scourge of the Sectoids once and for all.

I do have one small obstacle to take care of first. I need to find a cheap monitor. The old one is on the new computer now. Shouldn't be a problem, though. Such a trivial detail as a monitor can't stop us from saving the world.

Stay tuned. I should be killing X-COM agents before the end of the year.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote