View Single Post
Old 12-04-2003, 01:40 AM   #165
Airhog
Captain Obvious

1/27/1944 A sign of things to come?

Things start off bad right from the beginning. We are down one plane before we ever take off. A faulty landing gear on the Mighty Madness has grounded her for the day. This mission will be flown with just 5 planes. Also, Rajun Cajuns will be making their rookie mission, but it wont take long before they are veterens. We get the mission underway, and proceed into germay.We are blitzed by 2 waves of 109's. There is barely any time to catch our breath as fighters occupy us until deep into germany. Cloudsplitter gets really beat up. Their Tail Gunner Liu, is killed in action. They lose their number 2 engine, and our forced to drop their bombs early. We run into some more planes right over the target area, but they are rookies, and go down quite easily. We drop our bombs smashing the target. We limp home, and land safely.

This was really crappy for us having to fly 5 planes. Sometimes their are planes that are damaged I guess, but not severe enough to show it on the plane select clipboard. So I selected the 6 planes not knowing. and when i went to fly the mission on 5 were there. Usually I can go in and select another plane to fly in its place, however, it wouldnt let me do that, and I didnt save it after the last mission so I was forced to fly 5.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote