Old 09-18-2015, 02:30 AM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

11th vs Badsey Rangers (2nd)
G: Ricky Drury
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
M: Pete Dunkley/Aaron Allanson/Jack Warrell/Danny Mayman
ST: Graham Ward/Tony Griffiths

Josh Clack and Ryan Hazell are both out with injuries, so our striker depth is woeful right now.

6 - We just can't compete with the big dogs 0-1

49 - Ward to Griffiths to Mayman on the lateral, and our elder statesman crosses into the box for an untouched Ward and the equalizer 1-1

59 - Hunt for Hill; McKie for Dunkley

64 - Mayman tracks down the loose ball on the right wing. He tries passing it to Hatch, but it goes further to Griffiths, who waits, then fires the short bullet in 2-1

66 - Hunt is knocked out, so we have to shift Hatch to DL where he sucks, and put Andy Norton in at DR. I have a bad feeling about this...

69 - Norton to Warrell to Mayman, who dribbles just inside the box before centering the all alone Griffths. Say hello to insurance goal! 3-1

81 - Knew that was going to happen. 3-2

We manage to hold them off, however. I actually made a halftime change in our tactic, playing Wider because of their midfield overrunning us, and going to an attacking scheme. It was enough to get the 3 points.

9.0 for PotM Danny Mayman, who I really wish wasn't retiring at the end of the year. 8.8 for Tony Griffiths and 7.2 for Graham Ward, who finally broke his goal drought.

We finally get our first exceptional training report with Ricky Drury, who, if we ever manage to go semi-pro, will be our first committed contract on a multi-year deal (provided he doesn't want an outrageous sum).

10th vs Sutton Bridge United (9th)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Robert Hatch
M: Pete Dunkley/Aaron Allanson/Jack Warrell/Danny Mayman
ST: Graham Ward/Tony Griffiths

I'm still winless in 5 tries against the Original Assholes, so I really, really want to get the notch on my belt.

3 - F start. 0-1

15 - Allanson has the ball in the middle of the field. He passes it to Ward, who draws the defense and swings it out to Dunkley. The crackerjack shot just outside the box somehow finds the corner of the net! 1-1

16 - OFFSIDES! WTF, REF?! 1-2

25 - I hate these fuckers 1-3

52 - Ward to Griffiths, who puts in the box for Warrell. Absolutely amazing goal follows, and I make a couple subs after that, I forget who. 2-3

63 - Welp. 2-4

86 - Drury is having the worst game of his life 2-5

Yeah, it was brutal. Fuck these guys.

11th @ Shotton Colliery Welfare (5th)
D: Wes Hill/Danny Harvey/Chris Jennings/Ben Wilson
DM: Aaron Allanson
M: Jack Warrell/Nick Treadwell/Danny Mayman
ST: Josh Clack/Tony Griffiths

1 - .... 0-1

Played well enough to win, but just couldn't convert.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote