Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Anyway, podcasts I listen to:
99% Invisible
Freakonomics
This American Life

Heh....you named 3 of my favorite podcasts that I listen to on a consistent basis. Other ones that I tend to listen to are the following:

Stuff You Missed in History Class (Feed)
- This podcast focuses on people and events not often discussed in history books or that we have limited information to. Covers history over a swath of cultures and countries, but I would say a large percentage of it focuses on American history

Science Friday (Feed) - While I am not a huge science buff, I do like to hear anything about our current advances in science and technology and how it is changing how we interact with the world. On top of that, the podcast also questions what we have learned in our past. Pretty good podcast.

NPR: StoryCorps
(Feed)
- My daughter and I enjoy this podcast. These are simply personal stories of people around the United States told through the person or people who experienced them. They could be talking about contemporary struggles or triumphed or just people who want to record memories of an event that happened decades earlier. Good heartfelt stories that are in a short enough format to consume and great for road trips.

Serial (Feed) - If you are into audiobooks (especially non-fiction) or want something different to hear on a road trip plus you are interested in listening about a real life murder case, this is an excellent podcast. The entire 12 episode podcast focuses on this one murder that occurred in 1999 in Baltomore. A high school student by the name of Hae Min Lee (Korean female) was murdered at a park. Her former boyfriend, Adnan Syed, is accused and charged with her murder. The interviewer speaks to Adnan in jail as well as a host of other people (friend from school, teachers, jurors, etc.). Eagerly awaiting season 2.

The Truth - Movies for your Ears (Feed) - If you are into Audio Dramas, this is one of the better ones out there. Ever since I had listened to the podcast, We're Alive, a while back I tried to find something comparable to it. What I best like about this podcast is that each podcast does not follow the same story. It also have a Twilight Zone sort of vibe because they are short stories with a deep meaning.