View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 03:13 AM   #55
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
I've rarely found a better "mythbuster" article than this one, written by an Iowa talk radio firebrand: [/url]

Interesting article. Maybe overplaying a small sample size. I'd like to hear more about how candidates get voters into caucuses. I'd also like to read a solid report about corn subsidies and what would happen if someone like Paul challenged them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
But the real stud in waiting is Jindal. I've interviewed him, seen him on stage multiple times and was in the room watching him handle a hostile reporter's interview. He is a masterful and brilliant communicator. I'm not talking about his policies or track record here now, just his communication skills. I've watched him walk into a room with Cruz's light show and Huckabee's down-home charm and smoke them both, winning the audience. Every time he gets a chance to speak, Jindal wins supporters. The only question is, can he rise from his relative obscurity fast enough to be a real contender?

Ever since he became Louisiana Governor at such a young age, and given his background in medicine, I've wanted to like Jindal. But his emphasis on religion rules him out for me. I'm always going to hope that somewhere out there, there's a guy like Huntsman or Chaffee who also just happens to be ridiculously charismatic and a strong leader as well as an aisle-crosser.

I suspect the Republicans feel the Democrats are badly wounded, and likely to come out unenthusiastically behind a flawed, somewhat-entitled Hillary Clinton - like the Republicans did with Bob Dole in the '90s. So that may encourage them to embrace the evangelical side of the party and shoot for the moon. I hope that's not the case, but if so, Jindal might not be the end of the world.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote