Old 11-23-2003, 08:01 PM   #40
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Gargoyles - SouthPark Cows 4 - 1

Date: 11/24/2003 at 01:00
MatchID: 11026922
Arena: The Concrete Jungle
Crowd: 49469

At The Concrete Jungle, 49469 punters turned up, and despite threatening clouds at the horizon, no rain came. Gargoyles started off with a 3-4-3 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Kullenhult - Langeland, Morgansson, Blackburn - El-Nabil, Öbratt, Slyngen, Ekmo - Jackson, Manee, Pascoal.

SouthPark tactics involved an interesting 5-3-2 combination. The following players had been chosen: Black - Davis, An, Garagnani, Fredriksson, Tewari - Mcnutt, Millard, Danhof - Dey, Orkola.

Gargoyles immediately set off pressing their opponents. SouthPark clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their brilliant talent for it. At this time in the match, Gargoyles were using their weak skills at the press to successfully put pressure on their opponents. In the 10:th minute cheers broke out as Albert A. Morgansson found his way through the guests central defense line, clipping the 1 - 0 goal in for Gargoyles. In the games 17:th minute SouthPark´s Per Fredriksson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Per Fredriksson for taking a dive. Seemingly due to lack of experience, Per Fredriksson needlessly tripped an opponent just outside the penalty area, but the free kick that followed didn't succeed. A bit later, a magnificent combination in the middle resulted in Gargoyles´s Bryce Jackson putting the lead up to 2 - 0. A questionable free kick call just outside of the home side´s penalty zone gave SouthPark a chance at reducing the score in the 32nd minute. At any rate, the ball went wide. SouthParks counterattacks were lethal to the opposing defense, allowing Alessandro Garagnani to score easily from the right flank for 2 - 1. In the games 41st minute Gargoyles´s Bryce Jackson fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Bryce Jackson for taking a dive. The teams went for a half-time break at 2 - 1. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 62 percent possession rate.

A speedy charge from the left side of the field put Gargoyles lead up with 3 - 1. Albert A. Morgansson finished that one off competently, firing from an acute angle. A long pass from the defense line of SouthPark resulted in a counterattack that set Robert Dey free, but the keeper made a spectacular diving save. In the 71st minute of the match the visitors central line of defence had to look on as Mattias Öbratt dashed through, knocking home 4 - 1 for Gargoyles. By now Gargoyles were drawing the troops back in order to defend their lead. SouthPark managed a counterattack 82 minutes into the game, but Kenneth Millard took a soft shot from the left flank that was easy prey for the alert keeper. The referee showed SouthParks Yuri Danhof the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Gargoyles held the ball, with a clear 67 percent possession rate.

Gargoyles´s best player was Torbjörn Kullenhult. However, Even Langeland made a disastrous appearance. SouthPark´s best player was Preston Davis. Alessandro Garagnani on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 1.

-------------------------

Is Pressing the anti-CA? Hmmmm . . .

Lytic, something tells me that you need to spend that money of yours. You were 1 for 3 on your counter attacks. I'll bet that if you put a good keeper in net, the CA will start working well. If you think about it, if you had a keeper stop 3 of my 4 goals, you would have won 2-1 . . .

I can't wait to see the havoc it causes when you unleash the CA with a good keeper.

Anyhow, good luck with your move. I hope that it goes well.