View Single Post
Old 12-18-2000, 02:37 PM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't know how long this might last, but right now this is pretty interesting for me. This team seems to have a number of components in place, but we obviously are not ready to go out and dominate. And, I'm facing a lot of things that a real GM faces...

-I have an OL that gives up way too many sacks

-I have a nearly nonexistent running game

-I have no depth at QB, and have suffered for that

-My secondary is pretty mediocre, and could use a serious talent upgrade (one more top CB)

-My franchise is making a little money, but that's mostly due to our very low payroll. As we pay more to retain these players, those profits will disappear

-With the financial situation, I'm uncertain if I will be able to go out and spend freely on a new coaching staff, which I think this team needs badly

All in all, this is very interesting. At the end of last season, I was toying with going after a new QB. Now, I'm thinking that I'm okay there, and that I might need a stud RB. However, I still feel like a shut-down CB would make a huge difference to this defense. And until my OL takes a few steps forward, nothing is going to work quite right.

Anyway... this has so far been a very enjoyable career. I'm candidly pretty glad that we haven't just marhced right toward the top of the league standings... I want to feel like I've earned everything I get, and with this team stuck in medicrity for a couple of seasons now, I'm looking forward to a step up.

I'm looking forward to next season...
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote