View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 06:39 PM   #66
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Mizzourah: Was Hodgins in St. Louis? Yeah, I could see them missing him. Of course, the Rams seem like they want to replace their fullback and tight end with wide recivers all the time any way, since Faulk semeed able to pick his way through tacklers even without a lead back. I am definitely missing Hodgins myself right now. He's one of only 4-5 players on my team that ranks in the top 20 in his position group.

Blade: Pittsburgh's pretty good, and Wanrer has been playing very well. It just wasn't their day, I think. In the rosters, they actually have Warner better than Bulger (an assessment I actually agree with, as I said before, except Warner has some mental issues). Since I have already simmed ahead to the next training camp, there will be some cool news in the offseason for Cardinals fans who double as Rams fans.

sachmo: Well, yes and no. First of all, you have to remember that Emmitt's capabilities are because of the ratings he has been given. A lot of this is the way he was done in the player file. I have been of the opinion that Emmitt is a guy who still packs a punch when he hits a tackler, but he no longer has the open field ahtleticism to pull away from his tacklers or to bounce off of them and keep going. The player file settings seem to have the opposite impression, giving Emmitt some weak inside running ability, but surprisingly strong elusiveness and open field running and even some breakaway speed. Also, I have the X-factor on full, so who knows what further variation went into place? And finally, Hodgins' injury esentially leaves me with no very good third down back option in obvious passing downs. Shipp is only good for poundign the ball up the gut, and my reserve backs are chumps. So with Hodgins on the mend, Emmitt gets the call on third down and obvious passing situations. This probably puts him in more passing situations than you would normally see him in.

All that said, yeah, it's always a surprise to see a 30-yard pass reception for a back like that. I haven't looked at the game log to see how much of it was YAC.

Henry: Two reasons...Tommy Maddox ain't this good, and neither is Jerome Bettis. They certainly have a good run going here. As a diehard UCLA fan, I always root for Maddox to succeed. Great comeback story there.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote