View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #411
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Now Las Vegas Metro... holy shit, are they a bunch of assholes by and large. And the ones that aren't assholes? They've acted completely indifferent, like they don't really care about anything. Again, these are just my experiences, and I realize that there's some cyclic effect here - bad cops on the force engage in unlawful shootings (which there seem to be several each year) and/or questionable behavior, and that turns the citizenry against them, which makes the cops defensive.

Interestingly, Vegas is also the tourist location (or even just city visited) that I felt by far the safest in. The reputation was, at least in the now years-back era when I was visiting several times, that it was a city where the thugs knew to leave the tourists alone or face the wrath of an angry police force & one where even cab drivers knew that if they shot a perp in action they'd be hailed as heroes rather than getting charged.