View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #407
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Of course, cameras don't solve everything.

VIDEO: SWAT Raids Home Of Innocent Elderly Woman, Lawsuit Pending - Live Free, Live Natural

For those who don't want to watch the video, it's a SWAT tactical incursion into the house of a 68 year old woman and her 18 year old daughter. Even if they had the right house - which they didn't - the search warrant (not even an arrest warrant) was for making internet threats at officers.

Yeah, we need a full SWAT assault, complete with flashbang grenades, for making internet threats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Yeah, just stroll in there like nothing's happening. That'll end well.

But hey, maybe you'd be happier if they just ignored it, no teenager ever posed an actual threat to anybody.

And if this happened to be that rare chance, what's a few dead cops, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I've had several dealings with cops in Florida since emigrating - generally traffic related and have found all of them to be incredibly polite and friendly.

I'm always polite to them, call their sir/madam and apologise if I've been doing something wrong - so far I've had one minor ticket (which was my fault hands down) and 3-4 warnings where I've been let off.

To me they've behaved no differently to how I'd expect an English policeman to behave (and not at all confrontational) - I've treated them the same as I would an English policeman although I'll readily admit I'm a bit more nervous regarding them because they carry guns.

Fair to say this covers the whole spectrum?
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote