View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #140
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Absent any sort of weapon, and given that he, according to witnesses, had his hands in the air and was not at that time engaged in a physical altercation with the officer when he was shot multiple times, I have a hard time finding any way that an 18 year old kid posed a "lethal threat" to an adult male who was armed.

There's some serious mental gymnastics going on to get to "blame the victim" at this point.

THAT BEING SAID - more information may come out in the future and the story may change, but at this point...yeah no.

Exactly how many witnesses say he had his hands in the air? Last time I checked an "18 year old kid" is an adult male. How do we know he wasn't bigger, stronger, or in better shape than this officer?

The only mental gymnastics that I am seeing are how fast the actions of this officer are being condemned without the whole story even seeing the light of day. At the end of this road the officer may be wrong. He may even deserve to be prosecuted. Then again he may be completely justified. It just amazes me how many folks in the general public and even on this board have already made up their minds.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote