View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #295
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
This argument evaporates when you show the online community freak out about players not having dreads like they do in real life, or a class year being wrong, or numbers being off.

And if EA made an otherwise perfect clone of Sammy Watkins with his skill set, and even had him wearing his number, do you really think people wouldn't go nuts if they made him 5'7" and 175 lbs instead of his 6'2" 210 or whatever?

Selection bias just bit you. "The online community" is a small fractional part of the consumer base for the game, definitely not the mainstream.

But what I'm trying to get at is that (virtually) nobody gives a shit about Watkins (*not picking on him, pick virtually any college player ever). People care about the Clemson QB, ol' whatshisname. The marketability, the value, exists because of the names on the front not the names on the back. There might be 5 players per decade, possibly less, who are beyond that level.