View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:52 PM   #434
cuervo72
Head Coach

Commenting on these as I finally watched all of the tourney eps (plus some - I am now half through Julia's run).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
is it me or did Colby seem a lot more humble this go around? I thought he was always a jerk in previous episodes and tournaments.

Heh. My wife couldn't stand him the first time around. I kinda liked his cockiness, though I think he did tone it down a little for this tourney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
If you were a college dropout who won 4.5 Million dollars you'd be arrogant too. Plus he's the only person who's beat Jennings so it's not arrogance if you can back it up.

A HOPKINS college dropout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Roger and Ken are definitely more likeable than Brad Rutter. Ken would be a great choice to replace Alex Trebek as host.

I liked the all ins by Roger even though it didn't work out. Guy had 2 chances to win the tournament and couldn't get either. I was surprised Ken and Brad missed the Oscar FJ on the first day. Thought Foster and Hopkins both winning BA was common Oscar trivia.

I think Roger realized that he had to do that to have a serious shot, especially the second time. Totally justified in betting it all.

Trebek even joked about Ken hosting in the future, didn't he? I think he's be great, but Brad almost seems better suited for host duties. I like Ken better, but Brad seems to have the host voice/presentation/Hollywood thing down better.