View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #241
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Besiktas have signed Daniel Candeais.

I get an offer from Basel for Martins and I drive them to 2.2 mill (he’s worth 2 mill). Now, Rodrigues actually had a better ranking (6.95 vs 6.93) last year with a lot of subs. Martins was solid, but I could sell him and then either promote Rodrigues a year earlier than intended, or use this as an opportunity to upgrade the position considerably. I accept.

Let’s see if I can find the replacement for Martins. We bought him for 475lk and then flipped him for 2.2 mill plus a 30% of next sale fee. That’s good stuff. He’s not getting better and mostly peaked at 24. I’m comfortable with this sale, especially if I can flip him for someone else of higher quality.

What can I unearth? Since I have a great scouting resource in the National Pool of Brazil, I start there. Maybe some uber-superstar, like, say, Canela, a 16 year os Left fullback who I will be starting at the U23 level. He already has 18 tackling, 16 passing, 15 heading, etc. And he’s just worth 2.6 mill at the age of 16. This guy is sexy awesome. I scout him to see if we can figure out how much it’d take to lodge him (plus I think Brazilians can’t leave until 18). We would be pre-singing him.

Anyone else? The 21 year old Ronan is playing for my squad. He’s better than Martins, but not massively so. I could loan someone for a year if I can’t find a stud. I was expecting to move Rodrigues behind Aurelio next year, and I could just do that early. I’ve been working on his passing, but its still not great, and I don’t know if I want to give him the full starting job this year, and burn him out.

Okay, first of all, none of the hot young studs in DL football are interested in coming here. Except for super-stud Wonderkid Canela, my own guy on the U23 Brazilian club. He is mega hot. I make an offer. Now, he turns 18 in 13 months, so we would ne be getting him this year. What I would love to do is pick him up for next year, use the Martins money to help defray his cost, and then loan someone for this year as a one year patch. Then my future fullbacks will be incredible. The strength of the team with Rodrigues behind Aurelio and Canela where Martins was. That’s the plan. And Canela is amazing already. If I got him next year, what he already looks like, things would be incredible. I hope we’ll get someone even better.

I start scouting some loan candidates, just in case.

We agree to a 6 mill offer for Canela. We offer Canela a contract worth 14k a week.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote