View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Losing 1-0 on the road is not bad, if we can beat Standard here by a two goal margin we’ll be in. I keep things Standard. We owe them! Other then seeing our foes collect two booking and an injury, they have a quiet half. WE OWE THEM!!!!. Our chances are running dry. The n 2 minutes into a 2nd half, they foul us in the box and up steps Djaniny for the PK and he sinks it. We are up 1-0. Aurelio collects a card. On a break away Francisco Castro drives, finds Djaniny and he puts it away in the 55th. We are up 2-0 baby – we hold onto this, and we win on aggregate. But one score by them means we lose, so I’m not pulling back and defending just yet. Then Franny is injured, and I have to put in Agra for him. I don’t want to – it’s a big match for him. But I have to. They have closed shop, trying to prevent any further scores. One score by us means they have to score 2, so they are playing defensively minded football. They score on a break! But then it’s called offside. 2 minutes later, Candeais crosses to Agra, who heads it in for a score, and the young guy gets his 6th goal of the season. They collect a 3rd yellow. I move back to counter as they press forward. 2nd sub – Rodrigues for Aurelio, in the 71st. They get a 4th yellow for fouling Skolnik. Playing rough. Retain possession, lower tempo! They get a huge break away chance but its hits the crossbar. Our final sub is a tired and underplaying Lucas Castro for Javi. Even after a pair of corner kicks, they have nothing. They barely stop another score by Agra. That would have bene lights out, time to go home. 87th minute, 89th minute, 3 extra minutes. And that’s it, we win 3-0 after a crazy second half nets us a trio of goals! MOM is Daniel Candeais. I’m very happy!!!

We have made it to the EURO Semi Finals. These teams are left:

Nacional da Madeira
Rubin (Russia)
AS Monaco FC
CKSA Moscow
Real Sociedad
Napoli
Tottenham
Juventus

Knocked out of this round include Liverpool, Stuttgart, AC Milan and Schalke.

If we can draw Rubin…

We won 350k

Here is the draw

Nacional da Madera va CKSA Moscow
Juventus vs Real Sociedad
Napoli vs Monaco
Tottenham vs Rubin

So we have a feasible match.

Moscow won 11 years ago. We don’t just want to assume that since their a Russian team that we can handle them when we dogpounded Zenit all of those teams. They have arguably the best Russian GK of all time in Igor Akinfeev back there. We’ll see what happens, but simply because I’m not going against a club from England, Spain, Germany, Italy or France doesn’t mean that we have a bye.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote