View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 12:21 PM   #23
DataKing
Pro Rookie

GoldenEagle: I'm still not to sure about the new tactics. Due to my self-imposed absence for most of last season, I did not use the tactics at all, so I am still learning a bit about them.

My first impression is that counter-attack is only truly useful if you play a 5-4-1 or 5-3-2 formation (which is an intriguing possibility somewhere down the road for the Seamen), but it is pretty well useless when combined with the typical 3-5-2. Pressing seems like a decent tactic if you have good defensive talent and are out-matched. It probably gives you the best change to at least fight for a scoreless draw.

Attacking in the middle and attacking on the wings I can see using a bit more often than the other two, depending on the weakness of the opposition. For example, if you're playing against a team that pulls a wingback to gain their 3rd inner midfielder (the Ramblers in my series still do this every game), then attacking on the wings seems a logical choice.

That's my take on the tactics, anyhow. I'll probably be experimenting with them a little more once our cup run is over. Naturally, any advice from managers who have already experimented some with the new tactics is welcome.

Raven Hawk: I'm not playing friendlies against the Gargoyles any more. We've done it twice, and twice I've ended up with an injury that carried over into the season. You guys play too rough!

I realize I'm a little behind. I hope to get the write-up from this weekend's game up soon. Thanks for reading.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 11-18-2003 at 12:22 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote