Thread: Severe Weather
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #860
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Meanwhile up here in hell on earth, we have had yet another week of <-20 temps with windchills putting them well below -30. Tomorrow the high is -27. Average high for this time of year is somewhere around -4.

From what I've read, this has been the coldest winter here in 35 years, and the third coldest of the past century. Not only that, it's also been one of the snowiest winters ever, with more snow than we've had since '96-97. And for anyone curious, the spring of '97 is referred to as The Flood of the Century in these parts because shit hit the fan when all that snow melted. I'd be concerned if I ever believed we'd actually get temperatures above 0 again in this godforsaken shithole.

At least, unlike 96-97, you've got the Jets!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote